Supply Chain Management is management of the logistics chain, in other words, all the processes and associated information for supplying products and making them available, from their design to the final customer.
This is a:
- central concern at the heart of the mission of all companies and organizations
- basic component of business strategy, which often leads to a decisive competitive advantage
- series of management activities where all those functions that are closely linked to customers and suppliers, (marketing, management control, finance, human resources), meet
- constantly developing field, faced with opportunities and the challenges of globalization, new IT, environmental requirements and the desire for increasing efficiency
- a major center of competition for the Region: the port of Liege is the 3rd river port in Europe and its airport is the 8th freight airport in Europe.
Business Analytics enables companies and managers to
- deal with Big Data – the quantities of internal and external data and information;
- gain better knowledge of their customers, their economic environment and their own internal operations;
- take full advantage of available data in order to take more intelligent decisions, create value and use resources better.
Supply Chain and Business Analytics are based on a common series of tools and methods and are being transformed simultaneously as the current digital revolution progresses.
This specialization enables students to acquire
- analytical skills that are necessary for efficient, well-informed decision-making, particularly in the context of supply chain and logistics management;
- skills in the fields of production, stock management, transport and distribution, quality management, issues and opportunities linked to environmental concerns, optimization techniques, e-commerce etc.
- problem-solving skills (data analysis, IT management, statistics etc.).
This training is much sought after in Belgium and abroad.
This program is intended for
- students who wish to understand the processes of management linked to the production and distribution of goods and services
- students attracted to data analysis
- students interested in techniques of optimization that enable companies and organizations to enhance the level of their service and their operational efficiency.
The specialization in Supply Chain Management and Business Analytics is taught entirely in English.
Degree and specific outcomes
On completion of this specialization, students are awarded the degree of “Master in Business Engineering, specializing in ‘Supply Chain Management and Business Analytics’”.
The Master's degree program specializing in Supply Chain Management gives an ideal preparation for careers in industrial companies or services facing complex production and logistics situations.
Career opportunities as
- operations manager, supply chain manager, production manager/planner, logistics and distribution manager, purchasing manager, sales manager, transport manager/planner, warehouse manager, customer service manager, contract and supplier manager, quality manager, import/export manager, supply chain consultant etc.
- ERP specialist, business analyst, data analyst, researcher and developer (R&D) etc.,
in the following fields:
- Industries: pharmaceutical, chemical and petrochemical, iron and steel, automobile, food and beverage, cosmetics, electronics, aeronautic, computer and communications, retailing, internet-based companies, software developers etc.
- Services: road carriers, air carriers, sea carriers, 3rd and 4th party logistics service providers (3PL & 4PL), package carriers, hotel chains, consultancy firms etc.
- Non-profit: hospitals, public sector (seaport, airport, railway authorities etc.), humanitarian organizations etc.