HEC Liège and ESFAM (Sofia, Bulgaria)
Master in Management with a specialization in Public Management
In Sofia, Bulgaria, HEC Liège offers a Master in Management with a specialization in Public Management (formerly named Master in Management Science: European Public Management) in cooperation with the ESFAM (Ecole Supérieure de la Francophonie pour l'Administration et le Management)
Entirely taught on the Sofia campus by professors from HEC Liège and other European universities, this degree is conducted in French and is open to non-economics or non-management university degree holders (minimum 4 years of study).
Various processes guarantee the quality of the program:
- The students are admitted based on their academic background and performance
- HEC Liège professors teach and grade several courses of the program.
- At the end of the program, students have to complete an anonymous program feedback report which is taken into account to improve processes
- The Academic Director for the Master in Public Management at HEC Liège works in close collaboration with the ESFAM Directors
- The program is assessed before the renewal of the agreement. Adjustments are implemented whenever needed.
In addition to the Master in Management with a specialization in Public Management, HEC Liège and ESFAM offer two university certificates:
University Certificate in Management of European Affairs – 20 ECTS credits
The University Certificate in European Business Management is a 20 ECTS credits university certificate that is spread over 5 weeks, in staggered hours.
During this training, learners will be familiarized with the management of European affairs through different historical, political, legal, budgetary, institutional and structural prisms in order to understand the issues and issues involved.
This training course will thus address the following themes:
- European law
- European structural funds
- Governance and European institutions
- Management of European projects
- European public policies
University Certificate in University Management and Governance – 20 ECTS credits
The University Certificate in University Management and Governance is a 20 ECTS credits certificate that is structured over 7 weeks, in staggered hours.
During this training, learners will be familiarized with the principles, issues and challenges of management of university institutions, through the following courses:
- Development and evaluation of public higher education policies and funding models
- Basic principles of administrative law
- Governance and actors of the university system. Decentralization of the education system and institutional autonomy
- Accounting, budgetary and financial management of universities
- Quality assurance, evaluation, accreditation of universities
- Project management
- Educational organization and skills management
Esfam students celebrating the end of their Accounting course
with HEC Professor Mrs Chanteux (December 2018)