A field trip is a planned Work-Based Learning Experience that several HEC Liège professors have implemented for different groups of students, allowing them to explore or observe occupations. At HEC Liège, these experiences are carefully planned to provide students with a quality educational experience, create positive relationships with the business and give them an informative introduction to careers in various businesses. Their benefits are broad:
- Expand student learning beyond the walls of the classroom into the local community.
- Provide students with experiences and perspectives that are not possible to duplicate in the classroom.
- Allow more informal, personal interactions and conversations.
- Supplement information that can be obtained through other work awareness and work exploration strategies.
- Provide an opportunity to develop students’ career readiness skills, including communicating effectively and appropriately (speaking, professional etiquette), personal responsibility, etc.
- Provide exposure to careers and jobs.
- Allow students to gain realistic perspectives on expectations in a job and/or career field and the workplace requirements.
Milan Field Trip for Master 2 students studying Italian level 5
This trip organized in collaboration with the LIUC (University of Castellanza) allowed the students to discover:
Italian university life: meeting with the local student club ESN and attending a course on "Europe and Europeans".
The city of Milan: the Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II, rehearsals at La Scala, il Duomo and the people of Milan
The corporate culture: visit to 2 family companies that have grown from a small company into renowned multinationals: ILLVA in Saronno and GESSI in Vercelli.
This Field Trip concluded the 5 years of Italian language training in the most effective and enjoyable way.
Christine Hanon, Italian Professor